Have you ever thought about what you would do if an intruder decided to break into your house? I’m sure you have and your plan might NOT be the best one.
Let me explain…
Most people when you ask them what they would do if someone broke into their house, they say, “I would grab my gun and go shoot those bastards!”
But this is usually NOT the best course of action.
You going on the HUNT increases your likelihood of getting shot by around 60%.
So here is what you should do instead…
- You or significant other call the police
- Find a position with good cover and concealment
- Call out to the intruder letting them know you are armed
- I prefer a shotgun in home defense for many reasons, but one is so you can rack a round into the chamber, which is a universe sound and will scare the shit out of the intruders
- Wait for police to arrive
- NEVER GO HUNTING…unless you absolutely have to
I know this doesn’t sound like the cool macho thing to do, but we run scenarios just like this during our Tactical Camps and almost always, the hunter gets shot.
One of the ONLY times you go hunting is if there is an active shooter scenario where you have to get in and put that shooter down to save lives.
Otherwise, laying in wait for that intruder to present himself to you, is your best and safest course of action.
Hope this helps and let me know if you have any questions.
Sgt Nick Rians